vendredi 20 avril 2018

Iceage - Beyondless (2018)


I admit being late for getting familliar with Iceage, probably because for me the hype deserved them. And I first listened to Marching Church the solo project of their singer/guitarist (also excellent in a quite similar vein) But sometimes the hype is right... So "Beyondless" is the first Icage album I review, their fourth one. The Danish band is indeed one of the very best recent band in the post-punk/noise rock scene. In terms of influence The Cure first and then Sonic Youth comes to my mind. But where they do better than the countless bands trying to "sound like" is that they bring some inventivity and diversity (including a clever and subtle use of sax), and have their own specific sound, not only reminding other bands. And they have a truly excellent singer that really brings character to the music. Excellent stuff.



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire