vendredi 30 avril 2021

King Yosef - Guilty (EP 2018)

I discovered King Yosef with his collaboration with Youth Code (that I will soon review). He's producing hip-hop/trap music (and is also in a hardcore metal band) but, even if there's a trap element in this EP (called Guilty and released in 2018), I'd say it actually has most of the time a pure sound from the nineties, reminds the beginnings of Korn and Slipknot, "old-school nu-metal" if I dare say, even also a bit of Prodigy (the jungle/big beat loops). Kind of stuff I was listening too before moving on to death/black/grind. Maybe because of that I enjoy this EP. Like everything nu-metal related it's bordering "bad taste" but he's doing it right. Let's say it's a good "guilty pleasure". 


The BC page.

 


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire